- Windfloat - Development of Innovative Technology for Offshore Wind Exploration Project
- Joint Venture - Wind Onshore Activities in Europe and Beyond
- Solar Energy: Megalopolis PV Project
- Biomass Power Plant in Vienna
- Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (ccgt) unit 5
- Research Project on CO2 capture in La Pereda
- "Less CO2 Project" (CCS)
- Fuel Switching Baleares
- E.ON Pilot Programme Power to Gas
- Schlieren District Heating
- Joensuu CHP-Pyrolysis Project
- Szczecin CHP - Biomass
- Improving Energy Efficiency of a Combined Cycle Power Plant
- Belchatow Power Plant: New Low GHG Emissions Fossil-Fuel 858 MW Unit
- Smart Grid Implementation in Amsterdam
- Star Project: Smart Metering and Network Automation Programme
- Area-based Retrofit Energy Efficiency
- Energy Efficiency Lightening Systems in Storage Buildings and Production Halls
- "Green Building" Energy Efficiency
- 3e-houses Project Energy Efficiency
- VERBUND Smarthome
- World's Most Energy-efficient Cloud Computing
- Energy Saving Fund and Efficiency Bonus
- E-car in Ireland: Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
The EURELECTRIC Energy Wisdom Programme (EWP)
The EURELECTRIC Energy Wisdom Programme (EWP) is a voluntary initiative launched over ten years ago. Since 1998, it has been the key platform for electricity companies to report on their innovative projects aimed at reducing carbon emissions and at improving energy efficiency.
In the context of the EU's 2020 energy-climate objectives and ambition to achieve a carbon-neutral power supply by 2050, the programme is an ideal place for electricity companies to demonstrate how they are tackling the challenges ahead.
This 6th edition of the EWP (2012 - 2013) particularly highlights how electricity companies are helping to reduce CO2 emissions and to enhance energy efficiency beyond the power sector - in transport, industry, buildings and consumer behaviour.
The EWP establishes a reporting and monitoring system to evaluate and document the environmental performance of the reported projects. Since it was established, electricity companies have saved over 730 Mt CO2 eq. in more than 600 projects across Europe. The 2012 - 2013 edition sets out the results for reporting cycle 2010 to 2011.
During this period, 16 companies reported over 150 projects that led to energy savings and/or GHG emissions reductions. Each company highlighted one to two projects: both on the supply and the demand side. Thanks to these innovative projects, they have reduced approximately 99 Mt C02 eq. and saved over 24 Mtoe in primary fuel.
- Alliander n.v.
- DEI - Dimossia Epichrissi Illectrismou
- EAC - Electricity Authority of Cyprus
- EDP - Energias de Portugal
- ESB - Electricity Supply Board
- ewz - Elektrizitätswerk der Stadt Zürich
- Gas Natural Fenosa
- Helsingin Energia
- PGE - Polska Grupa Energetyczna S.A.
- SWM - Stadtwerke München GmbH
- VERBUND AG
- Wien Energie
Launch of EURELECTRIC’s Sixth Energy Wisdom Programme
Interviews with Members of the European Parliament at the launch of the last edition of EURELECTRIC’s Energy Wisdom Programme (2012 – 2013)